Greetings to Everyone,
The 2017 year is already settling into a busy one and is going by so very quickly. Below are highlights of recent activities and things to do in the next few months
Newly Elected Officers
- Debbie Ferguson, Treasurer
- Kelly Tivey, Nominating Chair, West
- Connie Casha, President
Transition from TAEYC to Tennessee Association for Children’s Early Education (TACEE)
- Vision of TAEYC continues to be vison for TACEE Reaching Potential Together
- Proposed agreement for current affiliates to become regions under TACEE was shared at February board meeting. Check with your current affiliate for additional information
- Check out membership link to learn about options for membership options
- Official separation from TAEYC occurs September 15, 2017
Upcoming local and regional conferences
- Check calendar of events for professional development opportunities coming up this spring across the state
- Look for Week of the Young Child Events, April 24-30, 2017
- Don’t see your event on the calendar? Contact the office (TAEYC8@aol.com with information and we will post it
Big Pay Back and Quality Early Childhood in Tennessee
- Check out opportunities to share photos of the best practices of your program with others across the state. Look for opportunities for you and others in your local early childhood programs to support the Big Payback on May 3rd.
- Big plans are under way for the first TACEE sponsored conference which will be held in Gatlinburg October 20-21st. Preconference is October 19.
The SECA conference is March 8-11th. We will have a nice team of TN representatives in attendance. I look forward to learning additional strategies and opportunities to grow our state organization and continue the great work of so many in our state. Stay tuned for more information.